Military stronger under Buhari, says APC

   
 


National Publicity Secretary, All Progressives Congress, Alhaji Lai Mohammed
The All Progressives Congress says its promise of change is already coming to pass as the military has become more effective and courageous under the leadership of President Muhammadu Buhari.
The party said in a statement by its National Publicity Secretary, Lai Mohammed, on Monday that with the appointment of new service chiefs, the military was now taking the fight to the terrorists rather than wait for the terrorists to strike first.
The APC said the rejuvenated military was “now taking the battle straight to the insurgents, instead of waiting for them to attack.”
The APC described as refreshing and reassuring the fact that service chiefs had been visiting the theatre of the battle in the North-East, not only to pep up the fighting men and women but also to meet with political and community leaders in the area.
The APC said it was confident that the military would be able to crush Boko Haram before the three-month deadline set by the President.
It added, ‘’The stepped-up fight against Boko Haram has convinced Nigerians that, indeed, their military is getting its groove back, and can beat the three-month deadline set by President Muhammadu Buhari for Boko Haram to be defeated.
ADVERTISEMENT
“The renewed battle has also shown that President Buhari was right in directing the relocation of the military’s command and control centre from Abuja to Maiduguri.
“Watching the video clip of Nigerian Air Force jets pounding targets in Sambisa Forest, which is the fortress of the insurgents, over the weekend, arouses great pride in the military.”
The party said thanks to the purposeful leadership and political will provided by President Buhari, “Nigerian neighbours are now ready to contribute their full quota to the battle, with the latest news indicating that Cameroon has decided to triple its initial troop’s contribution to the Multi-National Joint Task Force to reach 2,400 troops.”
The APC said contrary to claims by the Peoples Democratic Party, Buhari’s visit to the United States had already started yielding fruits as the US had already started sending weapons to boost the military’s firepower.
APC said while the military must sustain its ongoing efforts to further curtail the fighting ability of the insurgents, “it is important for all Nigerians to continue to support the troops in every way possible.”
The statement added, ‘’We have always believed that the Nigerian military, which has distinguished itself globally since its first participation in a United Nations peacekeeping mission in the Congo in 1960, has what it takes not only to protect and defend Nigeria’s territorial integrity but also to win even an asymmetrical warfare like the one against Boko Haram – under the right circumstances. We are glad that the military is now proving us right.”

Comments

Popular Posts